Sunday, October 18, 2015

New York City Wine & Food Festival - Giada's Italian Feast and the Midnight Jazz Breakfast

This past week, I had the tremendous opportunity to attend a few events at this year's Wine & Food Festival in New York City.

Giada De Laurentiis' Italian Feast
Last Thursday, my coworkers and I went to Giada's Italian Feast (photos here) on Thursday last week and, after dozens of minutes of waiting, I got a picture with her!
 Here are some of the foods I tried:
 panzanella (bread and tomato salad)
 margherita pizza with fresh mozzerella and basil
 chocolate hazelnut ice cream sandwiches
 lemon riccota gelato
fancypants Voss water
...and many more! One interesting one was a black truffle chocolate truffle, made with dark chocolate and shaved black truffle mushrooms. Weird...
 The esteemed Food Network Photo Team!
 Gabriele Corcos, co-host of Cooking Channel's "Extra Virgin" tv show, and me!
a cool shot through the wrinkled plastic of the rooftop tent

* * *
Midnight Jazz Breakfast
Late Saturday night at 9pm, I traveled from Coney Island to Harlem for the Midnight Jazz Breakfast. I was to meet our event photographer there early to see the place and assist if he needed help getting all the shots on the shot list.
Rev Run, of Run-DMC fame, is the co-host of "Rev Run's Sunday Suppers" and the upcoming "Rev Run's Thanksgiving Special", along with his wife Jackie. They were the hosts of the Midnight Jazz Breakfast, held at the Cecil. Here are some of my photos from the night:
 Me, at the Cecil, shot by our event photographer on my phone
 Rev Run (Joseph Simmons), me, and Jackie Simmons
 banana bread pudding with coconut and rum
fried biscuits with berries, and my drink of the night, made with Hypnotiq, a glow stick, and a gummy shark
chocolate bread pudding with creme fraiche glaze and pink peppercorns

Stay tuned for my post on the Grand Tasting from Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment